× Donec eu elit in nisi placerat tincidunt in eu sapien. Proin odio nunc, interdum vel malesuada pretium, fringilla sit amet metus

Promoted XP rate becomes the XP rate in RS

More
4 years 9 months ago #614 by MMOexpshop
IMO highscores are meaningless already. According to people I've mentioned this too, that feeling is not worldwide. Find a way for non-MTXers to have the ability to brag about their MTX-less accomplishments. Whether that RS gold is by detailing xp from lamps vs xp organically gained, or even a star next to their name on the highscores if there's no MTX, possibly an organic HS and an overall HS, I don't know. But the point is that individuals don't want to be'outdone' in the runescape sport by individuals wealthier than them in actual life. For runescape players like myself that want to save time, I don't care when people see I MTX'd my own divination so this won't affect your mtx earnings amounts, but it will please those who are anti-MTX and feel their achievements are being devalued by the sale of XP.

When I think of the MTX heavy games (battle of clans, sport of war, fifa for example), I notice they aren't subscription based games, they are freemium. Runescape is freemium, plus membership fee to get access to anything more meaningful, and you're now going to include RunePass / a superior option? No way lol. Here's my boldest and greatest idea: eliminate membership fees and become a freemium game. Like I mentioned -- I cover maximum within the course of the entire year and on two accounts I probably average out at roughly 6minutes a day -- that isn't an idea out of me being too cheap to pay for membership stemming.

Membership is a minimum requirement to play with runescape game imo. The F2P quest base is fine, but the skilling, places, etc. is so limited, it has the pull of enticing people to P2P that it had. Our member base has dropped radically, and we need to cure this. For ideas, look at Clash of Clan's Gold Pass. Give runescape players a reason to play with and connect the challenges grinds. Add a large payout (possibly in oddments?) At the end of every pass/season to give runescape players a reason to renew monthly.

This opens the doorway for runescape players who have left to return, having the ability to enjoy all the content, without having to commit to membership. It's a whole lot easier to convince a returner to remain after they see how great Araxor is, than it is by them visiting Al Kharid no longer fees 10gp to input. Realistically, the promoted XP rate becomes the XP rate that is standard and everyone will select for RunePass -- revenues will not be affected. But you've made the runescape game better to get runescape players to buy rs3 gold and simpler for runescape players to return. They'll pay Like I said above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds