× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Kyle Turris blames Senators owner not management f

More
2 years 1 week ago #253721 by seestyle
Predators forward Kyle Turris hoped he would've finished his career with theSenators, but shortly after negotiations between his agent and the notoriously budget-conscious franchise were going nowhere, herealized thathis time in Ottawa was coming to an Philadelphia 76ers Jersey end.Its tough because I think management did want to sign me," Turris, who was set to become a free agent following the season,."But I think that the owner didnt. And that was his decision.MORE: Turrishas said he initially asked for a contract that took him into his mid-30s worthroughly $6.5 million per season. Per Markelle Fultz Jersey Turris' account, Senators ownerEugene Melnyk wasn't eager to offer the long-term deal to Turris. So instead, the teamdealt its28-year-old No. 1 center to Nashville in a three-team tradethat broughtMatt Ducheneto Ottawa from Colorado.Turris then signed a six-year, $36 million extensionwith Nashville. And while thecontract isn'tthe exactlength that hehad requested fromMelnyk and Senators general manager Pierre Dorion,it was still longer than the Senators were willing to go, which only adds fuel to the fire surrounding Melnyk's frugal reputation."Everything in the hockey department goes through me not Mr. Melnyk," Wilt Chamberlain Jersey Dorion said Wednesday in response to Turris' remarks.The Senatorshave had their hands tied with numerous contracts set to expire in the next two seasons, which likely impacted Turris' future in Ottawa.Senators leading scorer Mark Stone is set to become an unrestricted free agent in 2018. Stone's current deal is worth $4.5 million but will likely seek more in negotiations.Star defenseman Erik Karl son, Nik Stauskas Jersey whose contract runs until 2019, has already begun entertainingthe idea ofexploringfree agency if the Senators cannot meet his request for a contract commensurate to his value."When I go to market, Im going to get what Im worth, and its Ben Simmons Jersey going to be no le s, no matter where Im going," he said earlier this month. Related Articles How a Drew Doughty-Erik Karl son joint free agency in 2019 would alter the NHL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds